Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with Luminar's privacy practices and do not hesitate to contact Luminar via email@example.com if you have any questions.
What is personal data?
In order to use Luminar's services (such as the "Submit Pitch" form), Luminar must collect, share and process certain personal data about you. Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, cultural or social identity of that natural person ("Personal data").
The processing of Personal Data is done in accordance with the Regulation on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of Personal Data and on the free flow of such data and on the repeal of Directive 95/46 / EC ("GDPR").
Who is collecting it?
Any Personal Data provided to or collected by Luminar is controlled by Luminar. This Policy applies to all Personal Data collected by Luminar in connection with the services offered by Luminar.
What Personal Data is being collected?
You are not required to provide Luminar the Personal Data requested when, e.g. filling out the "Submit Pitch" form, but if you choose not to do so, Luminar may not be able to contact you, provide you with the right information or respond to any requests you have.
The Personal Data Luminar collect are the following:
· Personal Data you given to Luminar direct, such as name, e-mail address, company name and information regarding your business journey,
· Personal Data Luminar collect automatically, and/or
· Personal Data Luminar collect from other sources.
You may be asked to provide more Personal Data when you are in contact with us.
What purpose does Luminar use your data for?
Luminar collects, processes and discloses your Personal Data only for specific and limited purposes. For example, to process the information you provided via the "Submit Pitch" form, to assess and handle such "Submit Pitch" form and to evaluate your company as potential investment and to communicate with you and to send you Luminar's newsletter.
Where appropriate, Luminar will ask for your consent to process the Personal Data. When you have given consent for processing activities, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
In most cases, Luminar rely on legitimate interest for processing your Personal Data. A legitimate interest could exist for example, when you sign up for a newsletter or fill in the "Submit Pitch" form to be evaluated as potential "Submit Pitch" form Luminar. This ground will only be used where it is necessary to achieve a legitimate interest and does not outweigh your rights as an individual. This legal basis will only be relied upon where there is no less intrusive way to process your Personal Data.
Luminar process your Personal Data to perform a contract to which you are or will be a party.
Luminar also process your Personal Data when Luminar have a legal obligation (e.g., tax or social security obligations) to perform such processing. For example, a court order or a subpoena may require Luminar to process Personal Data for a particular purpose.
Who will it be shared with?
Luminar share your Personal Data with selected third-parties. For example, Luminar share your Personal Data with third-party service providers, other third-parties, as well as in case of business transfers or legal disclosure.
Luminar share your Personal Data in order to respond to your requests, share information, provide you with information and send you Luminar's newsletter. Luminar also share your Personal Data with companies that host or operate Luminar's websites. These companies only have access to Personal Data needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process this Personal Data in accordance with this Policy and as permitted by GDPR.
Luminar will only share your Personal Data with companies located within the EU/EEA. However, if Luminar do transfer Personal Data to companies located outside of the EU/EEA, Luminar will make sure that it is protected in the same way as if it was being used in the EU/EEA. Luminar will use one of the following safeguards:
Transfer to a non-EU/EEA country whose privacy legislation ensures an adequate level of protection of Personal Data to the EU/EEA one;
Put in place a contract with the foreign third-party that means they must protect Personal Data to the same standards as the EU/EEA; or
Transfer Personal Data to organizations that are part of specific agreements on cross-border data transfers with the EU (e.g., Privacy Shield).
What are your rights?
Where Luminar process your Personal Data, you have a number of rights over how the data is processed and can exercise these rights at any point. Luminar have provided an overview of these rights below together with what this entails for you. You can exercise your rights by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· The right to access and rectification. You have the right to access, correct or update your Personal Data at any time. Luminar understand the importance of this and should you want to exercise your rights, please contact us.
· The right to data portability. The Personal Data you have provided Luminar with is portable. This means it can be moved, copied or transmitted electronically under certain circumstances.
· The right to be forgotten. Under certain circumstances, you have right to request that Luminar delete your Personal Data. If you wish to delete the Personal Data, we hold about you, please contact Luminar and reasonable steps will be taken to respond to your request in accordance with legal requirements. If the Personal Data Luminar collect is no longer needed for any purposes and Luminar are not required by law to retain it, Luminar will do what Luminar can to delete, destroy or permanently de-identify it.
· The right to restrict processing. Under certain circumstances, you have the right to restrict the processing of your Personal Data.
· The right to object. Under certain circumstances, you have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing.
· The right to lodge a complaint with a Supervisory Authority. You have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Swedish Supervisory Authority (Swe: Datainspektionen) about how Luminar process your Personal Data
· The right to withdraw consent. If you have given your consent to anything Luminar do with your Personal Data you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that anything Luminar have done with your Personal Data with your consent up to that point is unlawful).
How long do Luminar keep your Personal Data?
Luminar will keep your Personal Data for as long as we need it for the purpose it is being processed for.
Luminar will actively review the Personal Data hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymize it, when there is no longer a legal, business or consumer need for it to be retained.